In New Zealand, statistics show a higher than average number of adults in prison compared to other OECD countries, 12% of the population having battled with addictions, and almost 50% of the adult population have used recreational drugs.
The Recovery First Foundation supports men and women who have been impacted by addictions, or incarcerated and released into the community. Simon leads this foundation, and in a typical week helps up to 100 recovering addicts and ministers to people in prison and recovery homes.
Today we are praying for:
- Simon and his family – for health, strength, wisdom, provision and protection
- Recovery First Foundation – for greater influence and support
- Men and women in the programme – to know Christ and be healed
- Provision and opportunities for more recovery homes
- Financial provision for Recovery First Foundation to greater serve those in need
I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.
But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions – it is by grace you have been saved.